In this newsletter:
1. May events at UHN huge success
2. Mary Ann Neary from TWH featured in Toronto Star – see attachment, sorry it is so large.
3. UHN doctor’s cycling safety study reported in the Globe and Mail
4. UHN doctor’s study linking poor air quality and negative health outcomes reported on CTV
5. Clean air Commute June 14-18
6. A UHN that rides together has pride together – group commute leaders needed
7. TWH showers now available – contact me for more information
8. 2010 bike maps on site – available at all UHN libraries
9. TGH – CSB Bike cage cleaning – check the cage for notices and details
10. Update from the City of Toronto – cyclometerMay Events at UHN a Huge Success
Spring Bike Maintenance Clinic at TWH and Bike to Work Day
We had 10 staff register for the maintenance clinic and everyone learned a lot – thanks for coming along.
Congratulations to Pamela LeCavalier who won the $50 gift certificate to Curbside Cycle.
Monday of this week at least 13 UHN staff joined folks from across the city to Bike to Work – that was a lot of fun for 7 am on a Monday morning – good breakfast too.
Mary Ann Neary from TWH featured in Toronto Star
Out of all the executives that bike to work across the city Mary Ann’s story was selected to be published in the May 29th GTA section of the Toronto Star. A great story bound to get even the most committed driver onto a bike. Post story
UHN doctor’s cycling safety study reported in the Globe and Mail
In Vancouver, beware of cars; in Toronto, watch for streetcar tracks
Read the report involving Dr. Steven Friedman at this link http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/in-vancouver-beware-of-cars-in-toronto-watch-for-streetcar-tracks/article1587335/
UHN doctor’s study linking poor air quality and negative health outcomes reported on CTV
See the clip with Dr. Kenneth Chapman at this link http://watch.ctv.ca/news/health/lifetime-with-pauline-chan/#clip308653
Clean air Commute June 14-18
Register online at this link it is just for UHN – http://www.cleanaircommute.ca/register.php?lSet=f&cid=145&lid=182
When Clean Air Commute week is over you will be entered into a region-wide draw for one of three great prizes –
• A 9-day adventure trip in Costa Rica from Intrepid Travel.
• One of two $1,000 shopping sprees at Canadian Tire.
• On top of these great prizes, UHN will be giving away a Raleigh Airlite bike to a lucky employee who clean air commutes.
A UHN that rides together has pride together – group commute leaders needed
Do you want to meet other UHN staff who bike to work? – I will host a group commute the morning of June 15th
Let me know if you are interested in getting involved firstname.lastname@example.org
TWH showers now available – contact me for more information
TRUE – The Oasis Wellness Center and Energy and Environment are pleased to announce access to showers at TWH
Contact me email@example.com for more information
Staff are responsible for bringing their own shower items (towel, shampoo, soap, etc.)
REMINDER shower pilot at TGH running until June 30.
There is one shower in the Wellness massage room at TGH 1NU 168
Showers will be available at these times ONLY on a first come first serve basis.
Tuesday – 7:00 am – 9:30am
Wednesday – 8:00 am 9:30am
2010 bike maps on site – available FREE at all UHN libraries
TGH – Eaton North Wing 1-418
TWH – Fell Pavilion 5-505
PMH – 5th floor
CSB Bike Cage Cleaning
I hope to have the CSB bike cage power washed later this month, in the mean time really dusty bikes will be given notice this week about removal. If you know anything about these bikes please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org