Is this you or someone you know?
Apply online at UHN careers
|Project Coordinator – Toronto, Ontario
|JOB POSTING # 722443Position: Project Coordinator
Department: Energy and Environment
Reports to: Manager, Energy Infrastructure Facilities
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-time
Under the direction of the Manager, Energy and Environment the primary responsibilities of the Project Coordinator, Energy and Environment include: convening interested parties for the Choices for Ontario Food Project, defining appropriate research questions, system thinking, developing and implementing strategies to effectively coordinate project planning, design, implementation, documentation, monitoring and evaluation while providing quality delivery of tasks for the benefit of all patients, staff and visitors at the Hospital; assist interns; report writing; working in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations; performing cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
This is a one year contract position to fulfill the responsibilities associated with UHN’s funded project entitled, “Choices for Ontario Food”. The project is to uncover the options and align decision makers and industry experts to examine the access points that realistic for UHN in the short term and imagine a future food system for the organization in the next 3-5 years. The focus will be on the future and overcoming systemic barriers that limit change. The ideal candidate will have industrial food system expertise with experience in healthcare an asset.
- Completion of a Bachelors degree in Sustainable Local Food, Industrial Food Systems, Business or recognized equivalent
- Minimum 5 years project leadership experience, including 6 years of practical and related experience
- Extensive knowledge of institutional or industrial food systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ontario food issues
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental protection
- Demonstrated diplomacy in exploring new ideas
- Significant experience in project design and implementation
- Significant experience in monitoring and measuring including surveying and interviews
- Working knowledge of the Bill 36 Local Food Act
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent non-judgmental listening skills required
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Ability to produce high quality reports and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy required
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: February 12, 2014 CLOSING DATE: March 5, 2014
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.