Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
There’s a reason food, healthcare, wellness and our environment are so closely linked. This year’s HealthAchieve, the top healthcare convention in Ontario, digs into this tasty subject with a special session:
Monday, November 6th, 2017
1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Room 717AB, MTCC, South Building
I have the honour of facilitating this session and am extremely keen to hear from our panelists. This interactive session looks at food from four perspectives (or four courses):
- Climate Change Resiliency
- Does Your Food Have a Drug Problem?: Antibiotics Stewardship
- Jennifer Reynolds of Food Secure Canada
- Project SOIL: Gardens as Health Care at Ontario Institutions
- Irena Knezevic of Carleton University
- You Are What You Eat: Food as Medicine, Culture, and Health
- Hayley Lapalme of Nourish
So yes, expect lots and lots of food for thought. Stay tuned for next week’s story where we share what we learned. Better yet, see you at HealthAchieve!