It would be wrong to end the year without a “Best of 2019” rundown, and doubly wrong to end the decade without it. There has been a lot of bright moments so tuck in and enjoy. (click on the pics to jump to the stories)…
19. Let’s get GROWing:
Toronto Rehab Bickle Centre’s “Garden Rehab on Wheels” kicks off their 4th growing season!
18. A Deeply Cool Year in Energy & Environment
If the words “annual report” send you into a narcoleptic nap, you clearly haven’t seen ours…
17. Haiku SBAR:
The Poetry of UHN’s New Recycling Rules – Talkin’ Trash
16. Earth Week(s) Climate Challenge:
With a great guide to what you can actually do right now to help fight climate change…
15. Travel, Recycle, Save Lives
Not Just Tourists helps get extra medical supplies to communities that need them. Make your next trip a little more meaningful…
14. Help! Holidays are coming and my family doesn’t believe in climate change!
How to have the most awkward but important conversations…
13. Tis’ the Season for Change
Getting our research towers to save energy, reduce waste, rescue ice packs join the green team and more … plus pizza!
12. Who knew environmentalists were so funny?
Greta Thunberg inspired us all.
11. Hot enough for ya?
How to keep cool without making the climate crisis worse.
10. Last Straw = First Move
Saying no to something most of us don’t need is a good move in tackling the massive plague of single-use plastic.
9. Actually, don’t skip the dishes
Speaking of tackling single use plastic …
8. Patients, Pollinators and Emergency Power
7. Win-win: Michener Institute saves money while saving the environment
6. Climate Change is a Health Care Issue
What’s good for our home is good for us too. Plus enjoy Mike’s companion pieces on the Social Cost of Carbon (great read if you hate carbon taxes), and the Benefits of Climate Action.
5. Lessons from “Road Rules 101”
Learn how to share the road and not end up in the ER, whether you walk, bike or drive.
4. When in doubt, throw it out … goodbye wish-cycling
For recycling to work, you gotta get that garbage outta here …
3. And the Royal Goblet of Reusable Cups goes to…
Our greatest interhospital challenge yet. With a surprising new winner…
2. I wanna walk down to Electric Avenue
Electric Vehicle charging stations help clean your commute.
And a drumroll please for our top story of the year, showing that it’s never too late to start something new (or restart something old).
1. Back in the Saddle:
After a 25 year break, Lori’s amusing journey brings her back to biking
From all of us at Talkin’ Trash With UHN, have a wonderful new year and new decade!
Congratulations UHN and Energy & Environment on another great (and busy) year. Looking forward to more greenness in 2020!