Earth Weeks Past
Movie Screening! The Clean Bin Project – Apr 29, 2016
- For staff at UHN and Mt Sinai, and anyone else – join us!
What we’re doing at each site’s sequential lobby booth:
- Green Mythbusting Booth with new questions
- Recycling Sorting Game: win by figuring out your bins!
- Landfill Mountain: Ever wonder how long trash stays trash?
- Prizes: Yes! look down!
- Trees = theme for this global Earth Day … plant a tree if you can.
OTHER EVENTS AT/NEAR UHN:
Earth-Friendly Organizing Strategies -Apr 18
- Mount Sinai Event and UHNers also welcome
- Laurene Livesey Park, CPO-CD®
- April 18 noon-1, Mount Sinai 600 University Avenue, 14th Floor Classroom
HAPPENINGS ABOUT TOWN:
You can get in free (save $15/ticket) by doing just 1 of these things:
- Bring in e-Waste for recycling
- For all WWF CN Tower climbers
- Show your GO Transit ticket valid for the day of admission, or a PRESTO card
- Flash your Live Green Members Card at the door
There’s also a Cap n Trade event on Friday April 15, 9am-noon
WWF’s CN Tower Climb for Nature – Apr 16 & Apr 17
conquer all 1,776 steps of Toronto’s most famous landmark while making meaningful conservation possible for nature and wildlife.
- Apr 16 – Public and Youth challenge
- Apr 17 – Team challenge
Stop, Drop & Shop April 17, 2016 | 10:00am–5:00pm
More here: Library Green events
Hey Green Team … thanks for comping to the planning meeting on Apr 4!
What’s happening this year? We asked the UHN Green Team what they wanted to do. Many felt that there’s way too much misinformation out there, so this year’s Earth Week focus is GREEN-MYTH-BUSTING!
Look for the GREEN-MYTH-BUSTING booth coming to a hospital lobby near you. Here’s the schedule:
|Toronto Rehab Institute-University Centre Lobby||Mon Apr 20, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Princess Margaret Cancer Centre – Atrium Lobby||Tues Apr 21, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Toronto General Hospital – Munk Lobby near Starbucks||Wed Apr 22, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Toronto Western Hospital -Lobby near Shoppers Drug Mart||Thur Apr 23, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Toronto Rehab Institute-Bickle Centre Lobby||Fri Apr 24, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
|Toronto Rehab Institute-Lyndhurst Centre Lobby||Mon Apr 27, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM|
Earth Day around the world (fittingly) is celebrated on April 22 since 1990. More than 6 million Canadians join 1 billion people in over 170 countries for events that tackle local and global environmental issues. That’s a pretty serious honour that we hope has some staying power year-round. Since UHN is so big, we’ve stretched it out for a whole week this year.
A Roving Photobooth with Green Action Bubbles! Coming to a lobby booth near you (see schedule for your site)
What’s that? You can visit our lunchtime lobby booths and pose for a picture in front of our earth week backdrop that says “I Green UHN by…” and you hold a speech bubble with the green action of your choice, like “recycling” or “turning off lights” or your very own message. By stretching to a week instead of a day, 1 booth serves all sites instead of making 6 booths – excellent waste reduction in action :). Look for your picture here and on the UHN Facebook page!
- Toronto General Hospital, Munk Lobby: Tuesday April 22, 11:30 AM-1:30 PM
- Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Atrium Lobby: Wednesday April 23 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Toronto Rehab-University Centre, University Lobby: Thursday April 24, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Toronto Western Hospital Lobby near Shopper’s: Friday April 25, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Toronto Rehab – Bickle Centre Lobby: Monday April 28, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Toronto Rehab-Lyndhurst Centre Lobby: Tuesday, Apr 29, 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Meanwhile, check out these pics from Earth day 2013
See Earth Day Canada for even more ideas http://www.earthday.ca/