Happy Carpool Week! Feb 4 – 10
Start carpooling now for a chance to win a prize!
Still driving alone to work?
There are so many advantages to carpooling. We think you’ll like it if you try it. So from February 4 to 10 we invite you to give it a try.
You’ll also have a chance to win a $250 preloaded PRESTO Card, but only if you carpool at least once this week!
Start your carpooling journey
Sign up or log in to the Smart Commute tool
Enter your commute details to find matches at your workplace (or other workplaces in the Smart Commute network)
Log at least one carpool trip by February 10 for a chance to win a $250 preloaded PRESTO Card
If you already carpool, you can still log your trips for a chance to win!
Check out former First Lady Michelle Obama carpooling with James Corden (yes, this is a favorite)!
Once you have found a potential carpooling partner, here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Meet up: Meet in advance in a public place to get to know your potential carpool partner and exchange contact information. Make sure the match will work for both of you.
- Routes: Find a route that works for everyone. (Some carpools stop for a coffee on route!)
- Share the cost: The best part of carpooling is the cost savings. Decide how the costs will be shared. Use this handy calculator to see how much you’ll save by carpooling.
- Communicate: Keep each other updated in case of illness or a change of plans.
- Give your carpool time to work: It can take a few days or weeks to sort out any issues. And, you don’t have to carpool every day.
- Save time! Carpoolers have the HOV advantage, cruise the HOV lanes and skip the congestion.
- Save money! Splurge on something other than gas. Find out how much you could save here.
- Reduce stress! Letting someone else drive, or taking turns means a more relaxing commute.