Celebrate our shared home in this supersized month! There’s a lot to being green, so we’ve broken it up into manageable, free-range, organic chunks:
Click the button once it’s active (>>) to test you knowledge on the topic. Each 2 minute game gives you an opportunity to win one of several $50 gift cards for Fresh City Farms (UHN Staff/Volunteers only).
Scroll down for the full event calendar!
|Energy & Water||– Test Yourself (chance to win)|
– Turn it off before you go-go
– Earth Hour: March 26, 8:30 – 9:30 pm – unplug and lights out
– See the Energy & Environment Annual Report!
|Climate Change||– Test Yourself (chance to win)|
– See Lancet Countdown on Health and Climate Change
– Try Mike‘s ideas to quit fossil fuels at home
– Plant Seeds of Wellness, April 8, 11 – 11: 15 am, virtual event
– Join UHN’s green team , email email@example.com to start
– Carbon Conversations TO lets you talk it out
|Green Transportation||– Test yourself (chance to win) |
– Walking, biking, public transit, carpooling, Electric Vehicles (EV)
– Free charging for EVs at TG, TW, LC (new!)
– UHN built more bike parking, gives a sweet discount on BikeShare Toronto memberships, see you in June for Bike Month.
– As members of SmartCommute, find ride matching, contests and more
|Food & Garden||– Test yourself (chance to win)|
– Plant Seeds of Wellness, April 22, 12 – 12:30, virtual green thumb event Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
– contact email@example.com to get bee-friendly seed packets via interoffice mail
– add more plants to your diet, host a #GreatBigCrunch with your team
|5-R’s Waste Less||– Test yourself (chance to win)|
– Green & Well, Sustainable Living and Thriving, Wed, Apr 27, 12 – 1 pm, virtual co-production by the Green Team and Wellness. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
– Park Cleanup at the North Campus (LC/RC), Wed, Apr 27, 12 – 1 pm, join your local Green Team reps, Bronwen and Catarina, for a lunchtime cleanup in the adjacent park!
– Michener Gitigan Cleanup, Thur, Apr 28, 10 AM at the Indigenous Healing Garden at Michener, Email email@example.com to register
– Practice the 5R’s: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot
– Less Linear, more Circular Economy, buying better
– Join Operation Green, donate surplus medical supplies
– Matchmaking your stuff with Materials Exchange Program
– Try these and these
|Shoreline Cleanup||Saturday, April 30, 10 am, at Ashbridges Bay, help our shoreline sparkle with water, not plastic. Sign up here or click for map|
“Climate change is the greatest global health threat facing the world in the 21st century, but it is also the greatest opportunity to redefine the social and environmental determinants of health.” – the Lancet Countdown on Health & Climate Change