Thank you so much for playing our Waste Reduction Week Inter-hospital Challenge! May the best hospital/health care system win (and if everyone plays, we all win).
You have helped your site win the Stein of Sustainability, the Royal Highness of Reusable Cups! Not only that, you will also qualify to win some eco-fabulous prizes given out by your hospital.
This is the 20th Waste Reduction Week (WRW) across Canada and the 6th annual WRW Inter-Hospital Challenge! The challenge is simple: each hospital or health network aims for the greatest participation rate on the WRW quiz. It’s a fun way to learn and reinforce the most wasteless behaviours for any staff at the following sites:
- Hamilton Health Sciences
- Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare
- Sinai Health
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- University Health Network
As we’re all neighbours on one planet with finite resources, the less we waste, the more we all win. Consider this a step towards the most important waste reduction we can all do … reducing our carbon footprint to help fight the Climate Crisis.
Interested in bringing GREEN to your workplace? Contact these Green Champions …
- at CHEO: Ernie@CHEO.on.ca
- at Hamilton Health Sciences: brzozowskv@HHSC.CA
- at Hôtel-Dieu Grace Healthcare: Jason.Schneider@hdgh.org
- at SickKids: email@example.com
- at Sinai Health: firstname.lastname@example.org
- at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre: email@example.com
- at University Health Network: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click a pic of you/coworkers/friends practicing the 5R’s. Email it to email@example.com or your site lead above.
Want to dig deeper?
- Have a look at Waste Reduction Week Canada’s website
- Read up on the Canadian Coalition for Green Healthcare’s PPE-mSUP Project
- Or share your thoughts with the Toronto Academic Health Science Network’s (TAHSN) equally quick survey on reducing the environmental harms of healthcare.